Shoulder Pain Treatment, Onalaska, Wisconsin
Your Shoulder Pain Specialist Located in Onalaska
Our Onalaska Wisconsin Shoulder Pain Care Clinic Offers
- Free Exams & Consultations
- 1 on 1 Chiropractic Exams
- Full Body Spine X-Rays
Live Aligned chiropractic shoulder pain clinic can schedule you today! Call us at (608) 519-2519 to book today!
If you’ve been experiencing shoulder pain in Onalaska, there could be several reasons for it. Pain which some people feel originates in the shoulder is actually in the area of the trapezius muscle. The trapezius lies between your lower neck and the joint of the shoulder. This pain is frequently associated with neck problems and upper back problems, for instance, due to poor posture. The shoulder joint itself and the muscles surrounding it can produce pain whenever any shoulder movement occurs.
Identifying the source of shoulder discomfort is the first step toward treating it. Modern diagnostic equipment is quite capable of pinpointing the cause of your shoulder pain. When coupled with a review of your medical history, it’s usually possible to find the underlying cause. Once the cause is known, it will be relatively easy to develop a treatment plan customized to your specific circumstances. Treatment that will help alleviate the shoulder pain by removing the primary cause.
Causes of Shoulder Pain in Onalaska
There are quite a few different causes of shoulder pain, some of the most common of which are the following:
- Torn labrum – the labrum is a ring of cartilage lining the shoulder socket that serves as an attachment for ligaments. When the labrum becomes torn, it destabilizes the whole shoulder.
- Rotator cuff tear – four small muscles stabilize the shoulder joint that comprises the rotator cuff. Any of these muscles can tear by repetitive movement or a traumatic injury.
- Frozen shoulder – stiffness and a decreased range of motion are what characterizes a shoulder that becomes relatively locked in place.
- Pinched nerve – nerves around the cervical spine can become irritated or compressed. This compression can lead to radiating pain up through the arms or shoulders.
- Arthritis – bony growths and decreased joint space can create powerful sensations of pain and cause joint restriction.
- Tendinitis – when tendons become swollen or inflamed, it will typically cause pain and discomfort in the areas where tendons connect muscles to bones.
- Impingement syndrome – occurs when the outer edge of the shoulder blade rubs against the rotator cuff.
Treatment for shoulder pain
The first step in treating shoulder pain is to diagnose the precise cause of that discomfort. Once that has occurred and a treatment plan devised, you can begin restoring shoulder mobility and reducing shoulder pain. In some cases, therapeutic exercises will be performed, as well as ortho biologics. It will almost always be necessary to incorporate chiropractic adjustments as well.
Chiropractic adjustments are relatively beneficial for relieving any pressure on nerves that might present as pain in your shoulder. The pinched nerve that caused your shoulder pain, for example, will be relieved and your shoulder will return to normal. If you have shoulder pain in Onalaska, contact your skilled chiropractor to bring about complete relief from the discomfort you’re feeling.
Are you troubled by shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain isn’t something you need to live with, and you shouldn’t have to keep taking medications just to cope with it for another eight or twelve hours. Our amazing chiropractors here at Live Aligned can give you a free consultation and exam if you suffer from shoulder pain in Onalaska, Wisconsin.
If we find the source of your shoulder pain, we will recommend a treatment plan that will help you relieve your pain, and regain full shoulder mobility. We’re just a phone call away, so contact us and begin the journey to a whole-health and pain-free life.